Jeffrey V. Mehalic is an attorney in Charleston, West Virginia, and represents both plaintiffs and defendants in civil litigation in state and federal courts.
He graduated cum laude from West Virginia University in 1982 and obtained his law degree from West Virginia University in 1985.
He specializes in litigation regarding employee benefit plans and their sponsors, fiduciaries, service-providers, and insurers. He also practices in the area of business and commercial litigation, and personal injury and wrongful death.
Mr. Mehalic has had his own firm since 2000. Prior to that, practiced in another firm in Charleston from 1986 to 1999.
He is admitted to practice in the following jurisdictions:
- United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- All state courts in West Virginia
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia